IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Melandri: I'm ready, let's get started!

Andare in basso

Melandri: I'm ready, let's get started! Empty Melandri: I'm ready, let's get started!

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Feb 18, 2011 2:16 am

Article from http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/slider/2917-melandri-tutti-prontispalla-al-centro.html

GPone caught up with Marco Melandri on his way to the airport, where he will depart for Australia to begin his new adventure: the World Superbike Championship.

Melandri sounded fired up and ready to go, excited about competing in his first Superbike race and getting to know his new bike. He was also looking forward to the more open and relaxed atmosphere in the WSBK paddock; something which the GP circus hasn't seen for years...

"This has been a difficult period - Marco said - I haven't had a life for the past two months, as all I've done is work from morning to night to recuperate as much as possible. I'm very happy, but I can't know what shape I'm in until I get on my R1."

You wrote on Twitter that you will have blisters on your hands... can you explain?

"Yes, because I haven't been riding bikes at all. I really didn't do much at Portimao, and every morning I am spending a couple of hours in a pool with 36° C. water. My hands have become really soft, and so I hope I don't get too many blisters..."

How are you feeling ahead of the Phillip Island test? Are you hoping it rains again?

"Absolutely not! In the past I was forced to hope for rain, because I didn't have the possibility to go fast in the dry. But here in Superbike that's not the case. Also because I'm very small compared to this bike; it's a big bike and it's hard to find the limit in the turns with my shoulder right now. I think I can be fast in the dry, but for sure I will lack the endurance to do two races."

It's a new bike and new tires, but there will also be some new tracks for you this year, like Miller...

"As ridiculous as it sounds, even Imola and Monza are pretty new for me: I raced at Imola in 1999 on a 125cc, and at Monza I did five practice laps for a Honda Trophy race. Then I crashed in the first chicane during the actual race!"

Do you learn new tracks on the Play Station like everyone else?

"I'm not a big fan of video games. I watch the old races and then I go, happy to experience a new track."

Seeing as you are so passionate about flying, are you ever tempted to get in the cabin and take the controls when on a flight like this?

"I've flown in the cockpit with the pilots a couple of times. I even got to wear the headphones and listen to the radio traffic, which I liked a lot. When I'm flying and I fall asleep, I often dream of the flight attendant coming to me for help because the pilot is sick, and I heroically land the 747 without breaking a sweat! I'm really passionate about planes, and it's like riding a motorcycle: the more you do it the more you learn and the more passionate you become, and then you want to learn even more."

The journalists seem eager to stir up a rivalry between you and Max Biaggi. Should we try as well? What do you think about him?

"I don't think anything at all because it's a question that I have never considered. I respect him for everything he has done and continues to do. I tip my hat to him for coming back to the top after some difficult times. But I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of some controversial quotes!"

Do you have his cell phone number? Just in case you want to...

"No, but I have Pedron's number!" (Biaggi's wife and a former Miss Italy, ed.)

This provokes a playful smack from his girlfriend, who is seated next to him.

You are racing with Max again after many years apart. You won't have a quick word with him to exchange a joke or ask some advice about riding a Superbike?

"It's funny, we spoke more during three days of testing than during five years of MotoGP. We had a nice rider's meeting at Portimao, and we had a good exchange of opinions. I missed this a lot. It's no longer possible in MotoGP."

Should we bet 500 Euro on your first podium at Phillip Island?

"I've never been good at betting and making predictions."

At this point we had Marco pass the phone over to Manuela Raffaeta, his girlfriend of six years. Last season she was chosen as the "most beautiful in MotoGP" by the various workers in the paddock.

Are you ready to turn some heads in the Superbike paddock?

"Oh no, they are used to seeing pretty girls...", she timidly responded, as if you can get used to seeing someone like her.

What is your secret to keeping Marco calm on the night before a race?

"It depends. It depends on how tired he is..."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili