IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Espargaro' looking to end 2010 on a high after title hopes dashed

Andare in basso

Espargaro' looking to end 2010 on a high after title hopes dashed Empty Espargaro' looking to end 2010 on a high after title hopes dashed

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Nov 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/espargaro+reviews+estoril+race

A total of 11 podiums of which three have been wins in 2010 eventually proved not enough for Pol Espargaró to take this year’s 125cc title, after his hopes of securing the crown were ended with a tenth-placed finish in the bwin Grande Premio de Portugal on Sunday.
The talented 19 year-old Tuenti Racing rider was one of three who was still in the hunt for the 2010 title going into the penultimate round at Estoril, but a weekend complicated by wet conditions ended in bitter disappointment for him. Having seen the original 125cc race red flagged due to rain, Espargaró re-started the second part of the race from the front row of the grid but a gamble on using wet tyres failed to pay off, leaving Marc Márquez and Nico Terol to decided the Championship between themselves in Valencia this coming weekend.
Discussing the race Espargaró said: “We risked putting on the wet tyres in a bid to go for victory, but when the track almost completely dried out we were unable to fight for the win and as a consequence we’ve lost the last chance we had of winning the title.”
“I gave the maximum possible and relied on the rain, but it didn’t work out. I had to be happy with finishing the race and taking some points. Sometimes in life you win and other times you don’t and now I’m sad, but I’m also satisfied because we’ve done a good job and had a good Championship with a total of three wins and 11 podiums. I’m sure in the future we will look back and realise it’s been a great year, but at the moment it may seem like a failure,” added Espargaró.
Looking ahead to the final race of the season Espargaró outlined his aim to sign off from the 125cc class with a final victory, stating: “In Valencia I’ll ride my last 125cc race and I’d like to end this chapter with a win.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili