IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Dovizioso disappointed with fifth

Andare in basso

Dovizioso disappointed with fifth Empty Dovizioso disappointed with fifth

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Set 01, 2010 8:17 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/dovizioso+looking+for+misano+after+disappointing+indy

Andrea Dovizioso regained third position in the MotoGP World Championship standings with fifth place at Indianapolis on Sunday, but the Repsol Honda rider had hoped for more after feeling a positive progression on his factory RC212V throughout the weekend.
The 24 year-old got off to a good start from the second row and was riding in a podium place until lap 12. He then lost another position to Valentino Rossi as he fought grip issues on a track that peaked at over 50ºC and eventually finished fifth.
“I’m disappointed with this result because I expected to do better this afternoon,” said the Italian. “The conditions today were really critical. It was so hot - the asphalt was more than 50ºC and the track lacked grip because of it. The result was that I was slower than yesterday.”
“I made a good start and for a while we were close to the podium battle but I didn’t have enough speed to fight as the race progressed. Dani was really fast, he was very strong in the middle of the corner and also his style made the difference today. For two-thirds of the race I could fight for the podium, then it was difficult for me to stay with the front guys. I think maybe I need to study how I can improve my position on the bike and my riding style.”
Dovizioso is already focused on the next round this weekend at Misano, where he placed fourth in last year’s race.
“Now I’m just looking forward to going to Misano - which is my home GP - and I’m back into third in the Championship so I have a lot of motivation to get a good result there,” he concluded.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili