IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Mixed fortunes for San Carlo Honda Gresini

Andare in basso

Mixed fortunes for San Carlo Honda Gresini Empty Mixed fortunes for San Carlo Honda Gresini

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mar Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/San+Carlo+Honda+Gresini+reviews+Jerez+race

Simoncelli started from the second row, but battled his way to the front of the field in wet conditions to open up a clear lead. After passing Stoner and Lorenzo, he held a three second advantage over the current MotoGP World Champion Lorenzo, before succumbing to an unfortunate crash. The Italian tried to restart his bike, but his race was over. Aoyama managed to stay on board in the difficult conditions to bring his bike home, just 0.4s away from the podium. The Japanese rider scored his best finish in MotoGP with his fourth place.

Marco Simoncelli, San Carlo Honda Gresini Team
“I am really disappointed! I knew after the first five laps that the tyres were struggling but I managed to hold my advantage over Lorenzo. Unfortunately I lost the front in turn one and the rear came round on me. I tried to get it back under control but I couldn't manage it. It happens in racing and even though I am disappointed, I am also happy to have shown again that I am a contender this year. The most frustrating thing about today though was that I got no help at all from the marshals, unlike other riders today. The bike was okay and if I could have had some help, I am sure I could have still had a good race. That is not good but as I said before, I showed I can run with the best today and that's the main thing we'll take away with us. A major result is around the corner.”

Hiroshi Aoyama, San Carlo Honda Gresini
”The situation was really tricky today but we have taken a solid result from a tough race. A lot of riders went down but I was able to manage the situation at the most critical points. I am pleased but not totally satisfied, because with a bit more conviction early in the race, I could have passed some slower riders and I'm sure that would have put me on the podium. We have to wait until next time, but this is a great confidence boost for me and the team who have done a great job to give me a competitive bike in the wet conditions.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili