IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

New Bogdanka PTR effort an instant hit

Andare in basso

New Bogdanka PTR effort an instant hit Empty New Bogdanka PTR effort an instant hit

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Gio Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/6715-new-bogdanka-ptr-effort-an-instant-hit.html

Bogdanka PTR riders James Ellison and Pawel Szkopek had differing fortunes at the first round in Phillip Island, but the direction of travel appears to be upward for both riders and this new team in World Supersport Racing.

Formed only this year, the Bogdanka/PTR combination saw multiple Polish Champion Pawel Szkopek overcome the effect of a few pre-race crashes to record fast times in some wet sessions, then join the fight for tenth, before a technical problem caused Pawel to retire.

Said Szkopek of his bright initial showing, "The team did a great job finding the right set-up for me for the race and I was feeling really good on the bike. I had to ride past Florian Marino who stalled at the start but quickly made my way up and had just caught up with a group fighting for 10th position when I was forced to retire with an engine problem. It's a pity, but knowing I could fight for 10th position gives me a lot of confidence ahead of the next race."

For Ellison, who underwent surgery on his left knee after a testing crash, only a couple of days before practice started in Australia, a sixth place must have felt like a podium.

"Considering what we've came through in Australia this week I'm quite happy with sixth," said the former double Superstock champion. "Because of the injury I couldn't steer the bike with my legs and had to work harder with my shoulders - and they got quite tired in the end. I'm a bit disappointed about that because my training and fitness are very important to me and are normally my strong points - but we have a month off now before our home race and I'll be ready for Donington."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili