IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Aitchison joins Pedercini for 2011 SBK debut

Andare in basso

Aitchison joins Pedercini for 2011 SBK debut Empty Aitchison joins Pedercini for 2011 SBK debut

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Feb 05, 2011 3:17 am

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/5026-aitchison-joins-pedercini-for-2011-sbk-debut.html

The Pedercini Team has made a decision regarding the 2011 season in the World Superbike Championship. Lucio and Donato Pedercini reached an agreement with Mark Aitchison who will join the Pedercini Team starting from the next Phillip Island test that will take place on February 21st and 22nd before the first World Superbike Championship round. Twenty-seven year old Australian rider will be team-mate to the Italian rider Roberto Rolfo.

Aitchison's started his professional career competing in the World Superstock Championship with Suzuki Italia. He completed his campaign finishing fifth in the World Superstock Championship and was named 2007 Rookie of the Year. In the 2008 season Mark partnered with Triumph to enter the World Supersport Championship entering into the Top 10 on several occasions.

In 2009 he teamed up with the Hanspree Honda Althea Team for his second full season in the World Supersport Championship. The 2009 season was very competitive and Aitchison reached the podium on one occasion and scored a number of excellent Top 5 finishes, culminating 8th overall in the championship standings. Last year he participated to the last four races of the World Supersport Championship with Kuja Racing Team.

Donato Pedercini: "I'm very satisfied with the agreement reached with Mark Aitchison and I'm delighted to welcome him on board with our team. He's an excellent addition to the team, I appreciated his riding qualities and his determination. Mark is full of enthusiasm and with a passion for racing. Together we will take on this new challenge and we firmly believe he will quickly grow. Mark is strongly motivated and he's on the same wavelength as we are in terms of projects and targets. He'll test the new Kawasaki ZX 10R during the next Phillip Island test and of course the first two races will not be easy for him, but I'm sure that all our technicians will help him to be competitive very soon ".

Mark Aitchison : "To say I am excited now about my season ahead is a major understatement. To race in the World SBK class has always been a dream of mine and to be given this opportunity with a team that has such long history in World Superbike racing is something I am very proud of. I would like to thank all the Pedercini family for giving me such a wonderful chance to be a part of their team and I look forward to repaying their faith in me by giving all my motivation and dedication toward this project. In Phillip Island I'll be riding and racing the bike for the first time, so even though it will not be easy, I understand that this is a long season. The new Kawasaki package looks amazing, the bike is relative in size to its 600cc counterpart and after I have some laps under my belt I'm sure my technicians and I will have a much clearer understanding for the development of the bike and how we need to improve to reach our goals. I'm extremely looking forward to this new challenge, and I'm especially looking forward to getting back onto the Phillip Island circuit, which I love to race on".
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili