IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Scassa delighted with debut victory

Andare in basso

Scassa delighted with debut victory Empty Scassa delighted with debut victory

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Mar 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/6671-scassa-delighted-with-debut-victory.html

The World Supersport season has only just begun but the opening round at Phillip Island meant a lot for Luca Scassa. It was his first race on the Yamaha YZF-R6, his first race for the Yamaha ParkinGO team making its debut under this guise, and it was his first win since his CIV Superbike days in 2008. With the race being decided at the flag after a three-way dice to the line, ‘Ska' got the better of his rivals Australian Broc Parkes and Britain's Sam Lowes, but the 9/1000ths of a second gap was so close that he wasn't sure he'd won the race until he came back into the pits. WorldSBK.com had a word with the Italian about his spectacular win in a truly spectacular race.

Your first race and your first win, how do you feel?

"I think it's very positive. We only began to get to know the bike in the dry on Monday afternoon and since then we worked hard and productively together with my engineers. I think it's the result of determination, passion, hard work and unity."

Describe how you felt after winning the race...

"I didn't realize I'd won until I came into parc fermé. On the slowing down lap Parkes was celebrating a lot and the fans were cheering him. When I took the chequered flag, I was looking at Lowes' bike on my right and I didn't notice Parkes coming on the left! When I slowed down I saw him come past me and my blood froze! As I didn't know the outcome of the race I waved to the crowd anyway but I wasn't convinced I'd won. Seeing my team around the winner's place under the podium was a real satisfaction: I'm proud of us all."

How are you going to approach the long wait before the next round at Donington Park?

"I'm going to Sydney until the 7th, then I'll fly back home. All of my friends and familya re waiting to celebrate with me! Then there's ten days wait during which I'll be training and then a few days before leaving for Donington I'm doing a day's track riding school, then I'll get into my camper and begin the European leg of the championship. We've won a battle but the war is still a long one!"
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili