IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Hayden and Rossi make final day advances

Andare in basso

Hayden and Rossi make final day advances  Empty Hayden and Rossi make final day advances

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Feb 04, 2011 6:35 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/ducati+sepang+day3

Valentino Rossi pronounced himself very satisfied with the progress made on the GP11’s setup, allowing him to drop his best lap time by over seven-tenths of a second compared to yesterday. Despite being limited by his still-healing shoulder, the Italian was also happy with his physical progress and with the work done by his team.
Nicky Hayden also improved each day, and he looks forward to seeing the fruits of his labour at the next Test, which will once again take place at Sepang between February 22nd-24th.
Nicky Hayden, 8th, 2’01.534 (60 laps):
“It’s great to be back here, and to be back on the bike. We had three important days with a lot of work to do. Of course I don’t like to still be so far away from the leaders, but we’ve reduced the gap every day. Today it looked like it could rain at any time, so we did a lot of laps in the morning and found some stuff we like. We chased the chatter a lot, which cost us time trying to figure out what’s going on. Last year, that was something we only had a problem with at this one track. We don’t want it anywhere, but it could be a problem that’s not related to the GP11 in general and is specific just to this circuit. We also tested some tyres for Bridgestone and gave them some information that can help down the road. We realise there’s still a lot of work to do, and that starts with the rider. When we come back, we'll keep reducing the gap to the front guys.”
Valentino Rossi, 10th, 2’01.842 (52 laps):
“I’m very happy because before coming here, I expected to do 20, 30 laps per day, and as it turns out, I did around 40 each of the first two days and over 50 today. Of course I was really finished by the end, in part because the rest of my body has to work differently; my left arm has to do extra work, so it’s very tired. But I’m really happy with my shoulder because it’s improving day-by-day, and even after the stress of having ridden a MotoGP bike at the limit, I don’t have any problems: now it’s just a question of strength. My mobility has improved a lot, and I no longer think my physical limitations cost me a second; let’s say I lose five or six tenths, especially on braking and in corner entry. Anyway, we worked well today too, and we were able to collect a lot of data and solve the chattering problem we were experiencing. Obviously, there’s still a lot to do, but compared to the start of the Test, we’ve definitely gotten closer to the base set-up we’re looking for. There’s no need to change the Desmosedici’s character; we need to take advantage of its best characteristics – its stability and its engine – and improve the other areas, especially the in-corner behaviour, to make it turn better. In any case, the overall evaluation of the Test is definitely good; today we’re a second off the top riders, and also in the afternoon, riding with race tyres, the distance stayed around seven or eight tenths. I still have to do more kilometres in order to understand other aspects of the GP11 but, although I have to change my riding style a little, I now feel much more at home with the Ducati.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili