IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Winning sign off the aim for pole man Stoner

Andare in basso

Winning sign off the aim for pole man Stoner Empty Winning sign off the aim for pole man Stoner

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Nov 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Stoner+reviews+Valencia+pole

Casey Stoner was in top form at Valencia on Saturday as he qualified on pole position for the 18th and final round of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship, which will also be his final race with Ducati.
The 25 year-old’s blistering lap of 1’31.799 made him the only rider under the 1’32” mark so far this weekend, and underlined his fearsome pace which was consistent throughout the 45-minute session and which had been developed during the practice sessions.
“I couldn’t ask for much more out of this weekend. We’ve had a fantastic run, been very fast in every session and were able to do some good lap times,” said Stoner. “Of course we don’t know what everybody else is capable of in the race tomorrow, and we still have a lot of work to do to get the right feeling for the race, but we’re starting in the best possible position and are in a good frame of mind.”
Stoner’s confidence in his Desmosedici, on which he has won three of the last five rounds, means he is optimistic of being able to push for what could be a 24th premier class win with the Bologna factory in his final race on the team.
“The Championship for me this season has been long gone, but I’ve been going out and trying to win every race I can. Since we’ve had the bike set up well enough to compete for wins I have been going for it, and we have made a couple of mistakes but you get on with it. The whole season we were struggling to get seconds and thirds whilst on the limit, but now we’re able to win races with a lot more confidence. So we’re in a pretty good position at the moment and for this race tomorrow we’ll just have to hold out and see if we can win one more.”
After four years with the factory and a World Championship title from 2007, Stoner added: “I’m sad to be leaving Ducati but I’m happy to be able to get this pole and give them everything I’ve got, and more. We will see what happens tomorrow but for sure it’ll be a hard race.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili