IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

British duo on front row for Portugal

Andare in basso

British duo on front row for Portugal Empty British duo on front row for Portugal

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Ott 31, 2010 4:27 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/front+row+reactions+from+125+at+estoril

The 125cc class is the only remaining category in which the 2010 World Champion is yet to be decided, and the bwin Grande Premio de Portugal race on Sunday will be a highly intriguing affair with two of the three riders with hopes of claiming the crown on the third row.
The cancelled QP sessions on Saturday due to adverse weather conditions meant that the combined practice times were used to determine the starting grid, with Marc Márquez and Pol Espargaró 11th and 12th respectively, whilst Nico Terol took the final spot on the front row.
Bradley Smith will be the pole man for the third time this year however and after qualifying was washed out the Brit stated: “All the sessions have been successful for me, this morning especially. We made a few small changes and it really did improve the feeling I had on the bike. It’s a bit strange to have got pole without qualifying, but it just shows you have to push at 100% in all conditions and at all times.”
“We are looking good in the wet so a wet race could be good for us, but then again if it’s dry we will have to concentrate on taking advantage of Marc and Pol being back on the third row. The race will be long so we will have to see. I am looking forward to it and it would be great to win.”
Second position signifies Danny Webb’s best ever qualification and the Andalucia Cajasol rider said: “It’s been a good weekend throughout, we’ve been quick in every session in the wet and I’ve had a good feeling. We have two races to go and now I really have to prove myself. We’ve been in the top ten most of the time and now we just have to go for it, all out.”
Webb’s team-mate and rookie Alberto Moncayo was impressive throughout the practice sessions and he will start from third. “Tomorrow I think it’ll be a difficult race, but I think we are doing a good job,” said the young Spaniard. “I was in good shape this morning and I think we can be again tomorrow. I think we can be even better than today.”
A significant presence on the front row will be Terol, who acknowledged how important fourth spot was in relation to the starting positions of Márquez and Espargaró.
“I’m very happy because my objective was to be on the front row, and Pol and Marc are further back,” said the Bancaja Aspar rider. “The track is very slippery but my bike is perfect in wet conditions. Tomorrow it’ll be important to get a good start because the race will be very difficult. Concentration will be key.”
The 125cc practice session is due to start at 10am local time, and the race at 2.30pm.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili