IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Lorenzo takes positive from fourth

Andare in basso

Lorenzo takes positive from fourth Empty Lorenzo takes positive from fourth

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Set 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Lorenzo+reviews+fourth+place+at+Aragon

Jorge Lorenzo’s phenomenal run of finishing on the podium in every race this season was eventually brought to an end at Aragón on Sunday when the Fiat Yamaha rider placed fourth. The 13th round of the 2010 World Championship proved to be a difficult one for the title favourite, who suffered from a lack of grip in the latter stages of the race.
Lorenzo battled with Nicky Hayden for the final podium spot as he attempted to maintain his impressive record but the American’s overtake on the final lap secured him third, with Lorenzo settling for fourth and avoiding taking any unnecessary risks.
"My start was very good, but during the race I struggled a lot with Nicky always being very close behind me” explained Lorenzo. “We can't be happy with the result and I am disappointed to finish my podium run, but the most important thing is that we did finish and we still took points for our Championship.”
Lorenzo now holds a 56-point advantage at the top of the standings and is already focusing on a strong display in two weeks at Motegi.
“We have five more races to go and, although this is a complicated moment for us and we have some things to address, I am confident that we can improve again,” he said. “Now we go to Motegi and I am looking forward to a good result at the home of Yamaha."
Lorenzo’s Team Manager Wilco Zeelenberg described the issues that the Spaniard and his crew had battled during the race, and also highlighted the importance of taking the points available.
"Over the last couple of races we have struggled a bit to keep up with some of our rivals, so we were quite worried about this race and today wasn't great for us,” said the Dutchman. “We're at a point in the Championship when we can't afford to take risks but there are other riders who have nothing to lose, and this was the story today. Jorge didn't have enough grip and in those last few laps he didn't have the confidence in the front to push hard and get away from Nicky, who clearly had a good feeling here.”
Like the rider Zeelenberg is already focused on stepping up a level in Japan, and added: “Finishing off the podium for the first time we're obviously disappointed, especially because he had to push to even finish fourth! It's definitely time to make a change so we will think hard about Motegi, which is luckily a track which Jorge likes and where the Yamaha goes well."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili