IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Lorenzo and Spies impatient for Portugal

Andare in basso

Lorenzo and Spies impatient for Portugal Empty Lorenzo and Spies impatient for Portugal

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Gio Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Yamaha+preview+Estoril

Reigning MotoGP World Champion and current Championship leader Jorge Lorenzo goes to Estoril this weekend in search of an extension of his excellent premier class record at the Portuguese circuit, where he has won from pole position for the past three seasons. The Spaniard also leads the current Championship standings after two rounds, having won last time out in the wet at Jerez.
Yamaha Factory Racing team-mate Ben Spies returns from a break in his native US ready for his first Estoril MotoGP race. A fall on the sighting lap prior to last year’s race prevented the Texan from riding, and he heads to Round 3 determined to make up for a crash in the previous round at Jerez where he had been on course for a podium finish in the wet.
The pair will also be on track for the official MotoGP test which follows the GP, on Monday.

Jorge Lorenzo:
"This week we will be in Portugal, a country where I've had nice moments! In Estoril I got my first victory in the MotoGP class in 2008 which I repeated over the last two seasons. The track has turned into a talisman for me and it is the place where the astronaut always comes back. We have been training for a month, and I hope that this makes us fit for a good race. We are in front of the standings, but it is very early and it is just the beginning. This week will also be important since we are testing on Monday and we will certainly be able to check a lot of things for the future set-up.”

Ben Spies:
“Although I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to head home and get some chill out time in Texas this break has been way to long for me. The team worked really hard over the weekend in Jerez and by race day had delivered a competitive set-up that meant we could fight for the podium. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be. I really enjoyed the first practice sessions here last year and was frustrated to have not made the race, I can’t wait to get started on Friday morning and see what we can do.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili