IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Successful three days for Lorenzo and Spies

Andare in basso

Successful three days for Lorenzo and Spies Empty Successful three days for Lorenzo and Spies

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Feb 04, 2011 6:36 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/lorenzo+and+Spies+on+third+day+at+sepang

Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies wrapped up a successful Sepang Test on Thursday pleased with what they had achieved across the three days, departing the Malaysian circuit with plenty of positive points to focus on ahead of their return in less than three weeks.
Lorenzo ended the day third fastest with a lap of 2’00.811, having evaluated a range of varying developments on the M1 as he put in 46 laps.
"I'm very happy after the three days, it has been one of the best winter Tests,” said the reigning World Champion. “Normally we have more issues before feeling good. The bike feels better but we still need to improve some points. I think the next Test will see us take the next step.”
He continued: “This afternoon when it was really hot on the track I still managed to put in a few fast laps which has given me the confidence that we are heading in a good direction. Ben is doing a very good job, I spoke with him yesterday and we discussed many things about the bike, he's a good team-mate."
Indeed Spies enjoyed a similarly industrious Test. He went through a variety of electronic settings and some engine configurations on his M1, whilst also working closely with his new crew. The American closed the day fifth fastest with a time of 2’01.002, just 0.245s off Marco Simoncelli’s top effort.
"For the second and third day we did very consistent times so I'm very happy with it, it shows the consistency of the bike,” said Spies, who rode 60 laps on the final day. “There are some things we still need to work on. We tested two configurations of engine and we know which direction we want to go in now which is great. We also worked on some electronics for fuel consumption without compromising lap times and we found a good solution for that as well.”
“We'll come back with some different goals in two weeks to look at being a bit faster and also test some different tyres,” he added. “We've definitely done what we needed to do here. It's been good riding alongside Jorge, we've both worked hard to deliver important information which the team can now take away and work with."
The duo will now travel to Bangkok for a public appearance this Saturday, after which they will head home and rest ahead of the second Sepang Test which takes place between February 22nd-24th.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili