IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Lorenzo delighted to get off to a flyer on form track

Andare in basso

Lorenzo delighted to get off to a flyer on form track  Empty Lorenzo delighted to get off to a flyer on form track

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Ott 30, 2010 7:52 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/lorenzo+on+first+day+at+estoril

Jorge Lorenzo wasted no time in reacquainting himself with a track he has only ever tasted victory on in the premier class as the Fiat Yamaha rider set the best time in the second practice session at the bwin Grande Premio de Portugal on Friday.
The morning practice fell victim to poor weather conditions which placed an emphasis on the afternoon run, and the 23 year-old World Champion was in fast form as he posted a best time of 1’48.522 to top the timesheet and set the early standard.
"I love this track! I have won here both times in MotoGP so I am very happy to be here,” said Lorenzo, whose two wins in the premier class have come from pole position. “Unfortunately the weather was terrible this morning and there was no point in riding, then this afternoon it was still very difficult, with a lot of water on the track and you had to be very careful.”
Lorenzo, who is desperate to add to his seven wins so far this season before the end of the campaign, continued: “I felt good despite the conditions and step-by-step we improved so that at the end, when it was slightly drier, I was able to set a good time and we are on top. Tomorrow we will have two longer sessions so we will be able to recover some of the lost time, let's hope for no more rain!"
Wilco Zeelenberg, Lorenzo’s Team Manager, highlighted the issues that had been thrown up by the tough conditions.
“The track was starting to dry towards the end of the session and we were able to make some small improvements to the settings,” he said. “We have to concentrate on entry and exit grip on the rear on the corners so if it's wet again tomorrow we'll focus on that. P1 is always good but the times are very close so we'll see tomorrow."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili