IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Difficult day for Hayden and Stoner in Malaysia

Andare in basso

Difficult day for Hayden and Stoner in Malaysia Empty Difficult day for Hayden and Stoner in Malaysia

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mar Ott 12, 2010 8:49 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/ducati+reviews+sepang+gp

A promising weekend for the Ducati Team failed to materialise into top results on Sunday as Nicky Hayden finished sixth in a race that saw Casey Stoner crash out in the early stages. The pair made a strong start, Stoner launching from the second row to edge ahead of Hayden for third place into turn one as they looked to mount a twin assault on the podium positions.
However, Hayden lost touch with the lead group when Stoner slid out in front of him in the final corner at the end of the first lap. From there the American became embroiled in a battle with a group of hard charging riders, who he was forced to concede positions to due to unexpected difficulties under braking.

Nicky Hayden – 6th:
“After qualifying and even warm-up this morning we were confident we could have a good race and put up a better fight than that. I got a decent start but I was struggling for feel under braking, I don't know why. It has been a strong point for us all weekend but in the race I had no feeling from the front tyre from the first corner and couldn't brake how I wanted. It made life difficult, especially when it came to battling with other riders. Sixth isn't a terrible result but we thought we could put up a stronger fight here. Now we have a couple of days to regroup and hopefully come back stronger at Phillip Island.”

Casey Stoner – DNF:
“I'm bitterly disappointed with this weekend. Going into that race we were confident of a good result. We knew we would be at the front challenging for the win and watching the race confirmed that. I know I had the pace to be up there. On the first lap I was calm, I made up some positions in the first two corners and when I got behind Dovizioso and Lorenzo I was happy to stay there and let the tyres get up to temperature. Unfortunately I crashed because they weren't warm enough but I don't think I could have been more careful over those opening laps. I'm so disappointed that such a small thing can ruin an entire weekend.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili