IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Pedrosa: "Championship still alive"

Andare in basso

Pedrosa: "Championship still alive" Empty Pedrosa: "Championship still alive"

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Set 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Pedrosa+on+second+at+Aragon

Second place in the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón was a pleasing result for Dani Pedrosa in his 160th Grand Prix start, and the Repsol Honda rider continued in his mission to keep chipping away at Jorge Lorenzo’s Championship lead.
That now stands at 56 points after Round 13 and Pedrosa, who pushed hard to challenge Casey Stoner for victory at Aragón, was happy with second after he battled rear grip issues as the race wore on.
“I’m pretty happy with second place today even though of course I wanted to win in front of the Spanish fans,” said Pedrosa, who had won the two previous rounds. “In the first corner I had a slide which lost me a couple of places and then over the next few laps I had to make up some positions before getting behind Casey.”
“By this point he was quite a way in front and our pace was similar at this stage so I tried really hard to catch him and managed to close the gap. But then I started to have some rear-wheel slides and it wasn’t possible for me stay with him so I thought: ‘Okay, this is my place today’.”
Admitting that 56 points is a big ask to overcome in the remaining five rounds Pedrosa nevertheless believes there is still everything to play for.
“Our bike here was struggling more with tyre wear than some of the others, but anyway, second place is not bad and the Championship is still alive, even though it will be very difficult to catch Lorenzo,” he said. “I’d like to say thanks to my team who are working really hard, and I want to maintain this momentum because recently we have been fast at every race. I’m looking forward to Honda’s home event at Motegi.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili