IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Ducati ready to tackle Aragon

Andare in basso

Ducati ready to tackle Aragon Empty Ducati ready to tackle Aragon

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Gio Set 16, 2010 2:40 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Stoner+and+Hayden+preview+Aragon

Round 13 offers a unique challenge this weekend with the introduction of the Motorland Aragón circuit to the World Championship, and Ducati Team duo Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden are both highly motivated for what awaits them.
Stoner is determined to make a return to the podium and is still in search of his first victory of the season. The Australian is fully focused on a vast improvement on his previous two results – a DNF in Indianapolis and fifth last time out at Misano – and is locked in a close battle with Valentino Rossi and Andrea Dovizioso for third in the overall standings.
“I'm happy to be going to Aragón. The last two races have been difficult for us and racing at a new track is exciting,” said the 24 year-old, who is level on 130 points with Rossi and just nine behind Dovizioso heading into the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón.
“We'll go into the weekend with optimism and hope that the track is good fun and well suited to the Ducati, although being realistic we know we face a tough job to find something extra. The team and all the engineers are doing a fantastic job so it is a case of giving my maximum and helping come up with something new to improve the feeling with the bike, to get it turning better and find some more grip. More than anything we want to put the last couple of weeks behind us.”
Hayden has a reference to work from having taken in the track layout at Aragón on a Ducati 1198S machine back in July, and the American is ready to concentrate all his efforts on a renewed push for a first podium of the campaign.
“Misano was a really difficult GP for everybody, the kind of weekend we hope never to go through again, but we are racers and we have to continue doing what it is we love so the goal is to go to Aragón and try to be competitive again,” commented Hayden, who is seventh in the standings on 109 points.
“It is always nice to race at a new circuit – it is exciting for the riders but also for the teams and everybody else that works in the paddock. It is a challenge to find the right setting for the bike, especially in terms of the gear ratios and suspension. We start from scratch, with no data to work from, but that is a challenge I always enjoy. Aragón has a lot of elevation changes and is a lot of fun to ride.”
Hayden, who suffered a chipped radius bone at Brno in mid-August, added: “My wrist is back to 100% so I can't wait to get back on the bike and get back to work with the team.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili