IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Spies: “Mission accomplished”

Andare in basso

Spies: “Mission accomplished” Empty Spies: “Mission accomplished”

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Set 01, 2010 8:14 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/spies+happy+for+the+second+podium

The enthusiastic American crowd at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway were left thrilled on Sunday as home hero Ben Spies delivered a podium for them to celebrate, riding to second position from pole for his best result of his debut MotoGP campaign to date.
The 26 year-old capped off a magnificent weekend in which he was confirmed as a Yamaha factory rider for 2011 with his second podium of the season, in a rookie year which continues to go from strength to strength.
“I'm really happy to have got my best result in MotoGP in front of the American crowd and at a track as famous as Indianapolis,” said Spies, who is now the highest placed rookie and satellite rider at sixth in the Championship standings. “I always said I wanted my best result in my home race, so it's mission accomplished.”
The result came from his first pole position start in the premier class, and he continued: “After the pole position I got a great start and it felt good to be out front for the first time in MotoGP. But I didn't have the pace for Dani (Pedrosa, race winner) today and he rode a great race. I'm happy because I didn't make too many mistakes when I was out in front and I was consistent for the whole race. When Dani passed me I knew I couldn't follow him, so I let him go and concentrated on keeping a gap to Jorge in third and that's what I achieved.”
Having finished ahead of factory riders Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi, Spies added: “I can't complain because it was a great weekend and to be top Yamaha rider when you look at who else is on that bike is pretty satisfying. It hasn't sunk in yet that I've finished second in my home race. But I'll enjoy it before I hop on a plane and try and do it again in Misano next weekend.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili