IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Marquez aiming for first Moto2 finish

Andare in basso

Marquez aiming for first Moto2 finish Empty Marquez aiming for first Moto2 finish

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Gio Apr 28, 2011 4:37 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/marquez+on+estoril

Marc Márquez’s is yet to cross the finish line on his Suter machine after two rounds of the Moto2 season, having stepped up from the 125 class for 2011. The Team CatalunyaCaixa Repsol rider crashed out in Qatar and then suffered bad luck through no fault of his own when he fell during the Jerez race, and the reigning 125 World Champion is extremely motivated ahead of this weekend’s Estoril round.
“I’m determined to finish a race,” said Márquez. “It was clear that in the first one (a crash in Qatar) it was an error of mine, over-enthusiasm, which is normal and happens to a lot of riders. At Jerez I was calmer thanks to the experience in Qatar, but I had bad luck. That wasn’t my own error and you feel a little helpless when that happens, but we’ll go to Estoril with the mentality that we’ve turned the page and will try to finish the race.”
Last year’s 125 encounter at the Portuguese track saw Márquez take victory in a highly eventful race. “It was an epic race. We’d put a lot of hard work and effort in throughout the season, and there were moments where it appeared we’d lost it. In the end it was a race which didn’t decide the title, but it saved the Championship. It’s the race that everybody tells me they remember, they congratulate me on the title and on the Estoril race. It’s a race which lives in the memory,” said Márquez.
“This year I go back to Estoril 100% motivated, but in a different situation. It’s a different category, and my main objective is to finish the race. I want to start in a relaxed manner on Friday and step by step see where we can get to.”
Despite the results, Márquez has been pleased with how his development on the 600cc four-stroke machine has come along. “We’ve developed a very good understanding within the team and we’re doing better than we expected, although the race results don’t show that,” he said. “I’ve always said the results will come and when they do they’ll be welcome. We’ll try to be as high as we can, but that’s not the aim. This year our battle won’t be for the title or for the top spots.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili