IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Repsol Honda duo top Jerez timesheet

Andare in basso

Repsol Honda duo top Jerez timesheet Empty Repsol Honda duo top Jerez timesheet

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Apr 02, 2011 1:01 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/repsol+honda+review+jerez+GP+FP2

The Australian was the fastest rider in the morning session with 1'39.551, followed by Pedrosa with a marginal gap of 0.028s. Then the Spaniard took the top spot in the afternoon with a lap time of 1'40.101, this time followed by Stoner in second with 1'40.289. The strong wind prevented the majority of riders from improving their times in the second session. Pedrosa concentrated on short runs with his injured shoulder, Stoner focused to improve his settings with the bike on a circuit that has proved tricky for him in the past. Andrea Dovizioso, who had a crash in the morning practice in a very fast corner, escaped without injury. The Italian was sixth on the combined free practice times, with a best lap of 1'40.429.

Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda
"I think we are doing a good job. The bike was working ok, it was moving a little but maybe because the grip was not so good today. Other riders were also struggling with it and we saw some crashes in all categories. Also the strong wind played a part in the afternoon, it was more difficult to control the bike especially on fast corners and we couldn't improve the lap times. Regarding my physical condition, I'm struggling in the same way I did in the Qatar race because the situation has not changed, but I cannot do anything to feel better, so I'm just focused on riding as best as I can. I'm doing short runs because it's better for me and working on the bike to prepare for the race. We hope to improve tomorrow and do a good qualifying practice".

Casey Stoner, Repsol Honda
"The first session went well and I had a good feeling with the bike. We tried to repeat this in the afternoon session but the conditions weren't perfect - it was quite windy. It seems to be a little smoother to ride here than in the past, but it's a shame the weather wasn't better, so we could spend some time working on the settings. In general both bikes we tried seemed to work pretty well. The grip level doesn't seem to be so good here, I think everyone is struggling with this, so that's another element we need to work on tomorrow in time for qualifying".

Andrea Dovizioso, Repsol Honda
“It was a difficult day. This morning I crashed on the very last lap because I lost the front, without any warning at Turn 11. The crash in itself was not too bad but then the wind in the afternoon made things worse. I think the second practice suffered due to these things put together and as a result I lost the feeling with the front. I couldn’t ride as I am able to do and it’s not a nice feeling, but it’s useless to complain, we have to continue working. I hope tomorrow there will be less wind so that we can focus on the set up of my RC212V".
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili