IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

New star Sam is born

Andare in basso

New star Sam is born Empty New star Sam is born

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Mar 11, 2011 6:12 am

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/6743-new-star-sam-is-born.html

Sam Lowes from the Parkalgar Honda team promoted himself straight into the upper echelons of the Supersport Word Championship rankings at Phillip Island, going third in qualifying and then repeating that performance in the race. Had the start/finish line in Australia been a bit closer to the final corner, the 20-year-old would actually have won the race, such was his position as race leader as he entered the long turn 11. He lost out on his debut win in this class by only 0.033 seconds, in only his seventh career WSS race.

He was naturally elated to have taken his first podium, after some traumatic happenings in testing and qualifying, and for a rider crowned British Supersport Champion in 2010 a return to WSS as a regular rider has already proved a great career move. "It was a really good race for me - my first time in the Championship with Parkalgar Honda," said Sam after the race. "I was a bit nervous but I got a decent start and then made some moves on the riders around me. I knew it was a long race and was thinking about tyre wear. I passed eventual winner Luca on the last lap but did not get a mega run on to the start/finish straight. Third in my first race is great; I am loving my team and my bike, I am enjoying myself." Lowes had fallen in Australia more than once before the race on Sunday, and even bashed his head quite hard in pre-race testing, making his recovery as well as his sheer pace and fearlessness all the more impressive.

His team-manager, Simon Buckmaster, was simply delighted that his number one pick for the 2011 season has already shown his true colours. "What a superb ride by Sam to finish third on his debut for the Parkalgar Honda team. He went into the last corner a little too hot in the lead and lost some drive and the other two were able to get past him on the run to the line - but that takes nothing away from his achievement; this is his first time at the track and in our team. Sam's bike was strong everywhere, the package was good and no one can be disappointed with the result."

For Lowes life in the WSS paddock is simply a return in many ways, as he has been a European Superstock 600 rider in 2008, and a WSS competitor for a few races in 2009.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili