IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Melandri gets into the Superbike groove

Andare in basso

Melandri gets into the Superbike groove Empty Melandri gets into the Superbike groove

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Ven Mar 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/6643-melandri-gets-into-the-superbike-groove.html

Marco Melandri kicked off his World Superbike adventure in the best possible way over the weekend when the Yamaha World Superbike man put in a great performance to take the final podium place in race 2 at Phillip Island. Melandri's first points came at the end of a terrific scrap with his former GP sparring partner, the reigning champion Max Biaggi, which went right down to the chequered flag.

"It's nice to be back on the podium! I wanted to challenge Biaggi for second but in the end my body was slower than my mind at the end of the race, it felt a bit dangerous to make some passes so I was happy to settle for third."

It was a good start for Melandri and the Italian can now focus on getting his recently-operated shoulder back to full fitness before the next round at Donington at the end of the month.

"I'm pretty happy with the end results of today, although I wasn't too happy about race one. We've been struggling all week with a rear grip issue, which could be seen in race one. I think we made a good job before race two, changing our set up to deal with it and we were a little bit more aware of our potential afterwards. The bike was a lot better and I felt a lot more comfortable."

Following his Phillip Island results, a fifth and a third, Melandri is now in third place in the table, level on points with Leon Haslam.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili