IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Malaysian Grand Prix

2 partecipanti

Andare in basso

Malaysian Grand Prix Empty Malaysian Grand Prix

Messaggio Da larisa46 Lun Ott 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Fiat Yamaha Team take podium mission to Malaysia

A glorious MotoGP season for the Fiat Yamaha Team reaches its penultimate chapter this weekend, with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo targeting the podium at the Malaysian Grand Prix in Kuala Lumpur. From the fresh air of Phillip Island the series heads to sticky and steamy Sepang with both riders keen to maintain Yamaha's record of having at least one rider on the podium in every single race so far this season.

Second place in Australia for Rossi, who was already crowned World Champion at the previous round in Japan, resulted in his 149th visit to a Grand Prix rostrum and leaves him just ten short of the all-time record held by Giacomo Agostini, whom he also robbed of the all-time win record earlier this season. The 29-year-old, who is the most successful rider at Sepang with four victories, is also just 35 points short of the highest ever tally in a MotoGP season, which he shares with Casey Stoner, with 50 still up for grabs.

After back-to-back fourth place finishes in the last two races, Lorenzo has also pinpointed a top-three return as his main goal for this weekend. The Spanish rookie, who won the 250cc race at Sepang two years ago and clinched his second world title in the class with third place last year, has played a crucial part in Yamaha's success this season, with the factory lifting the Teams' and Constructors' titles. He currently lies fourth in the championship and with a 37-point advantage over Andrea Dovizioso he looks set to stay there - an unprecedented position for a debutante in the four-stroke MotoGP era.

Sepang is one of the widest tracks on the MotoGP calendar, measuring 16 metres across in some areas, and always features high track temperatures in the tropical climate. With four major hairpins, and some fast and frequent changes of direction in its 5.542km layout, Sepang provides a stern workout for the entire bike set-up and its largely consistent, if demanding, climate makes it the ideal winter testing venue.
Valentino Rossi - "Looking to have fun"
"I am looking forward to going to Malaysia because we have done quite a bit of testing there with Bridgestone so we have a lot of data - not something we have had for most of this season. I was quite strong there in the winter and I hope it's the same again this time, especially since we know a lot more about the tyres now. We have two races left and I would really like to try to win them both, plus I also want to keep up Yamaha's excellent podium record this season. I love Malaysia and I have had some great races there in the past, plus it generally suits our bike very well so with any luck we can look forward to a fun weekend. That said, we know that Casey will be very strong again as well as others so it will no doubt be a good battle!"
Jorge Lorenzo - "I'd like to get back on the podium"
"I'm looking forward to arriving in Malaysia and going to a quite a fast circuit, which I like and where most importantly we've tested already this year and things didn't go badly. We've scored decent results over the last four races so I'm optimistic going into the final two rounds of my rookie MotoGP season. We've got a couple of fourth places recently so now I'd like to get back on the podium. I hope and believe that Michelin will come up with some tyres that give slightly better performance than in Japan and Australia, where we were just a little bit short of being with the best. Sepang is well known for the heat and the changeable conditions; one minute it can be boiling hot and then the next it's throwing down with rain. I'll be training hard this week to stay in good shape and finish off a positive trip around the Pacific."
Davide Brivio - "One eye on the statistics"
"We have reached our most important targets for the season so the focus for us is on having fun but we also have one eye on the statistics. It would be nice to keep this podium run going for Yamaha until the end of the season and if Valentino can make the points record it will mean we've had a strong finish to the year, which is clearly all we want. We know Sepang very well from the preseason testing but, as with every season, by the time you come back for the race you have a whole season of development under your belt and the bike is very different. The data is useful but really we start from scratch with the setting. The circuit has two long straights, which test the bikes' top speeds, but overall it's a good track and Valentino likes it very much. Hopefully we can have another fun weekend, like at Phillip Island."
Daniele Romagnoli - "Jorge has already surpassed expectations"
"Malaysia is a track we already tested at three times in the winter - once at the end of 2007 and twice at the start of 2008. We have a base set-up, lots of information and Jorge knows how to ride the bike here. If you look at the results so far this season Michelin have done well at tracks where we have tested previously so I'm sure they will be competitive again. We fought for pole position in the last round at Phillip Island and quite honestly we were a little disappointed not to be on the podium. It would be great to make up for that this weekend but whatever happens Jorge has already surpassed our expectations for him this season so there is absolutely no pressure on him - we just want him to enjoy himself and to do his best."
Valentino Rossi : Information

Lives: Tavullia, Italy

Bike: Yamaha

GP victories: 96 (70 x MotoGP/500cc, 14 x 250cc, 12 x 125cc)

First GP victory: Czech Republic, 1996 (125cc)

First GP: Malaysia, 1996 (125cc)

GP starts: 208 (147 x MotoGP/500cc, 30 x 250cc, 30 x 125cc)

Pole positions: 51 (41 x MotoGP/500cc, 5 x 250cc, 5 x 125cc)

World Championships: 8 Grand Prix (1 x 125cc, 1 x 250cc, 1 x 500cc, 5 x MotoGP)
Jorge Lorenzo: Information

Lives: London, UK

Bike: Yamaha

GP victories: 22 (1 x MotoGP, 17 x 250cc, 4 x 125cc)

First GP victory: Brazil, 2003 (125cc)

First GP: Jerez, Spain, 2002 (125cc)

GP starts: 109 (15 x MotoGP, 48 x 250cc, 46 x 125cc)

Pole positions: 30 (4 x MotoGP, 23 x 250cc, 3 x 125cc)

World Championships: 2 x 250cc

Sepang: Record Lap

Casey Stoner (Ducati) 2007, 2'02.108

Sepang: Best Lap
V. Rossi (Yamaha) 2006, 2'00.605
Grand Prix Results: Sepang 2007

1. C.Stoner (Ducati) 43'4.405

2. M.Melandri (Honda) +1.701

3. D.Pedrosa (Honda) +2.326
5. V. Rossi (ITA) Yamaha +4.773
Jorge Lorenzo Result: Sepang 2007
3. J. Lorenzo (SPA) Aprilia +2.957 (250cc)

----------
larisa46
larisa46

Numero di messaggi : 72

Torna in alto Andare in basso

Malaysian Grand Prix Empty Re: Malaysian Grand Prix

Messaggio Da larisa46 Ven Ott 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Tech 3 Yamaha´s Colin Edwards laid down his cards early in Sepang, recording the fastest Friday time in practice for the Polini Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

The American had to wait until the dying moments of the day´s two hours of practice in order to set his 2´02.667 lap, doing so in a second session that had been slightly slower than the morning run until the final quarter.

Edwards´ 2´02.693 lap relegated Yamaha factory rider Valentino Rossi to second place on the combined timesheet, although the Italian was unable to cut his time in the afternoon.

Nonetheless, the 2008 World Champion was under three-hundredths of a second slower than his former teammate´s marker overall, and placed second in the ultimate session.

Third fastest and the only other rider to breach the 2´03 barrier, 2007 Sepang racewinner Casey Stoner was three-tenths down on Edwards´ fastest lap, once again riding with a speed that belied his less-than-perfect condition.

Shinya Nakano was the first man to better his morning time, and was sitting pretty in the Free Practice 2 standings until his rivals´ late surge. The San Carlo Honda Gresini rider –still without a ride confirmed for 2009- eventually placed fourth.

Like Fiat Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo was unable to best his early lap time, and concluded the day just over half a second slower than satellite rider Edwards.

Dani Pedrosa made significant improvements to move up into sixth onboard his Repsol Honda RC212V, whilst future teammate Andrea Dovizioso, LCR Honda man Randy de Puniet and 2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden also placed in the top ten.
larisa46
larisa46

Messaggio Da larisa46 Sab Ott 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Valentino Rossi secured his tenth front row start of the season in Sepang today in a tricky qualifying session which saw the track conditions changing constantly after a heavy downpour.

His Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo made it two Yamahas on the front row, leaving the pair in prime position for a double-podium assault tomorrow.

Following a strong opening day yesterday, Rossi continued in the same vein in the dry this morning and was fourth fastest. Torrential rain throughout the 125cc qualifying session left the track soaking as the MotoGP qualifying got underway, but as the sun came out the track began to dry rapidly, meaning conditions were changing for the riders on every lap.

The teams were faced with delicate tyre decisions as they tried to keep abreast of the rapidly drying track but Rossi, his crew and his Bridgestone tyre technician got it right each time and the Italian remained close to the top throughout the session. As the hour closed out it looked like a Fiat Yamaha one-two, with Rossi on pole, but a final effort from Dani Pedrosa was even faster and he edged the world champion off the top spot for tomorrow's 21-lap race.

“The conditions were incredible today and this practice was as much about strategy as it was about qualifying tyres and set-up, because you had to judge the right moment to go out with the right tyre”, he said. “We worked very well in our garage and managed to make the right decisions every time, so I was at the top or near to it for most of the session and able to constantly make big improvements. When I saw that I'd done a 2'01.9 I thought that I might have the pole, but Dani was even faster so congratulations to him today.
Anyway it's good to be back on the front row because we have been off it for two races, and now we're in a good place to start our challenge tomorrow. I am really looking forward to the race because I love this track and my M1 is really flying here. However I hope the weather is ok because for sure it will be more fun in the dry!”

“We came out very well from a tricky situation today”, commented Team Manager Davide Brivio. “It was a delicate job to correctly follow the conditions, which were changing so quickly, but we managed it very well and this front row is just reward for some good work from the team. This was an important front row because there are a lot of riders here looking very competitive, but also the information from this session might be useful tomorrow if we have the same conditions. Let's hope not, but anyway we will be prepared.”
larisa46
larisa46

Malaysian Grand Prix Empty MotoGP, Vale ninth victory at Sepang Pedrosa on the podium and a super Dovizioso

Messaggio Da Admin Sole79 Dom Ott 19, 2008 7:49 am

MotoGP, Vale ninth victory at Sepang
Pedrosa on the podium and a super Dovizioso

Valentino Rossi has triumphed in the Malaysian GP course on the Sepang track. The eight times world champion's Yamaha was imposed on Dani Pedrosa (Honda), the party pole and the second arrival. And third for the first time on the MotoGP podium of a major Andrea Dovizioso (Honda), arrived at the photofinish with Nicky Hayden (Honda). Only the sixth Casey Stoner (Ducati), followed by Loris Capirossi (Suzuki). Slipped Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha).

http://www.sportmediaset.it/motori/articoli/articolo17012.shtml
Admin Sole79
Admin Sole79
Admin
Admin

Numero di messaggi : 2323
Umore : fantastico

https://iotiforossi.forumattivo.com

Messaggio Da Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato