IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Bautista ends Sepang test on a positive note

Andare in basso

Bautista ends Sepang test on a positive note Empty Bautista ends Sepang test on a positive note

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mar Mar 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Bautista+reviews+Sepang+Test

Álvaro Bautista recorded a fastest time of 2’01.194 from his 34 laps on Thursday to give him eighth place overall on the timesheet. Despite a slow front end crash at turn nine earlier in the day – that Bautista walked away from uninjured – Suzuki’s Spanish star was able to continue with the comprehensive Test schedule, despite still suffering with the after effects of a headache from the previous day that caused him to require clinical treatment.
Bautista was able to try some new Bridgestone tyres on the final day as well as a number of geometry settings and refine some of the earlier settings that he tried during the first two days of the test. Suzuki’s engineers now have two weeks to work on the data from this Test before the final pre-season Test of 2011 takes place in Qatar.

Álvaro Bautista:
“I felt a little better this morning, especially after the Clinica guys gave me a special vitamin drip. On my first run I made my best Sepang time so far, but actually I made a couple of mistakes and it really should have been a 2’00” something, after that everybody was using older tyres and the track is getting hotter so it gets less easy to make similar times, but I was happy to be able to make mid 2’01”s on old tyres. The Test wasn’t the best on my side, because my condition wasn’t great and I didn’t make the long run today – sorry to Suzuki’s engineers about that – but we have improved the bike in areas that I really believe will help us in different conditions. The Suzuki is now stable, has good feeling and it’s fast – I hope we have the same feeling in the colder conditions of Qatar – now I just want to race!”

Paul Denning – Team Manager:
“A little bit of a strange Test but at least we got some clear results! Thanks also to Nobu (Aoki, Suzuki Test rider) and the factory engineers for their efforts; they got through a lot of very detailed work that will help us in the future. Álvaro is maybe a little disappointed in his ultimate pace, but eighth overall on the sheets is really nothing to complain about given that we all know the difference between Álvaro ‘the rider’ and Álvaro ‘the racer’. The team has been working very well and very calmly, and it now feels like time to race. The competition this year and the depth of field is absolutely brutal, we hope that Rizla Suzuki and Álvaro is part of the fight!”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili