IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Edwards and Crutchlow happy with progress made

Andare in basso

Edwards and Crutchlow happy with progress made Empty Edwards and Crutchlow happy with progress made

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Feb 26, 2011 6:13 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Tech+3+review+Sepang+Test

Colin Edwards and Cal Crutchlow both declared themselves happy with how the Sepang Test ended, after the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 pair finished an important stage in their 2011 pre-season preparations.
Edwards worked on a range of geometry settings throughout the Test in a bid to extract the best turning performance out of a new M1 chassis he first tried in the opening Sepang Test three weeks earlier. The American was also pleased with the progress made in the rear grip of his machine, fine tuning the set-up of his bike to suit the harder option rear Bridgestone tyre.
“This test has been awesome for us and I've had a lot of fun, even though the conditions have been really extreme with the heat,” said Edwards, who was sixth fastest with his effort of 2’00.966. “I've got a lot of experience and I've been riding motorcycles forever, but even I'm still learning a lot and I've really enjoyed coming here and changing the bike to see what does and doesn't work. I've figured out a lot of things with the new bike and the Bridgestone tyres and I've also learned that for an old guy, I'm not finished yet!”
“I spent most of the test working on the new chassis, mainly experimenting with geometry and we made a lot of progress. My team is really smart and together we played around with a few ideas and got the bike to a point where I'm really satisfied. We improved front feeling compared to the last test and we can finish the corner a lot better. I'm really happy with the progress with rear traction too. Yamaha has done a great job and we leave Malaysia tired but with a lot of confidence. I'm now looking forward to getting Qatar and starting the racing.”
After a tough start to the Test Crutchlow was able to push on after overcoming the effects of food poisoning picked on en route to Malaysia, and progress was made as the British rookie worked through a range of set-up changes. Adapting his riding style further to suit the MotoGP machine, Crutchlow ended 14th fastest with a time of 2’02.034.
“It has certainly been an eventful week and the good thing is that it ended in positive fashion,” said the 25 year-old. “The food poisoning I picked up on the way to Sepang didn't help my preparations and I've felt weak all through the test as a result. Two crashes on the first day didn't help my confidence and day two was a struggle to be honest. We made a lot of changes to the bike without helping me feel more comfortable.”
He continued: “My team have been fantastic though and given me great support and the last day was much better. For the first time I was able to do a decent lap time, but the important thing is I was able to be more consistent and feel more confident with the bike. We made improvements to the front and rear of the bike and I'm pretty happy with a low 2’02”. The front felt more stable and while I'd like a bit more rear grip, we've made progress in that area as well. Qatar will be another big learning curve for me because I know the track, but I haven't ridden a MotoGP bike there and I've never raced under the floodlights. I'm confident with the set-up changes we made here that I'll be competitive in Qatar too.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili