IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Spies and Lorenzo wrap up Sepang Test

Andare in basso

Spies and Lorenzo wrap up Sepang Test Empty Spies and Lorenzo wrap up Sepang Test

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Gio Feb 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Yamaha+on+day+three+Sepang

Ben Spies finished his day at midday on Thursday having used two of the four sets of soft tyres assigned for the final day by his crew on the Factory Yamaha Racing team. The American put in 32 laps in the morning session, managing to record a best time of 2’00.678 despite still feeling the after-effects of his fall the previous day.
"It was a productive test, we got through a lot,” said Spies, who was fifth fastest. “I had one small mistake but on the plus side we had a lot of stuff we accomplished so it's all good. We still have some work to do obviously but we're not too far off race pace. We need to figure out how to get the bike a little bit quicker for a few laps, definitely for qualifying and the beginning of the race.”
He continued: “It wasn't the most ideal conditions today for a quick lap, I did go to put in a few this morning and was pretty pleased with the time. I'm looking forward to a few days rest now in cooler temperatures at home before Qatar! The team have been awesome again, I'm really pleased with how we're working together.”
Lorenzo rode a consistent pace on the final day as he sought to confirm the set-up of his M1, setting a best time of 2’01.003. The Spaniard was satisfied with most areas of his machine but outlined a desire for more power from the Yamaha.
"I feel quite tired, after two and a half days of testing I've finished with a long 20-lap run,” said the World Champion. “The results have been quite good, we had a very consistent pace and I was happy to have improved some things with the bike. I think we've made some big steps forward with traction and feel, although we still need to improve our lap time."
Team Director Massimo Meregalli added: "We've definitely had a good test and have improved the traction of the bike a lot and also the handling. Compared to the last test Ben's improved by a considerable time so he's quite satisfied with the set-up. There is still a gap to the fastest riders but in terms of long runs we are very competitive so we will go to Qatar knowing we can achieve a good result.”
“Jorge found a good set-up this afternoon and achieved a really good long run so we have achieved the targets we set before we came here, I am very satisfied with the team and how we have performed," he concluded.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili