IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Vermeulen eager to get back to business

Andare in basso

Vermeulen eager to get back to business Empty Vermeulen eager to get back to business

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Feb 20, 2011 5:26 am

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/5071-vermeulen-eager-to-get-back-to-business.html

After a longer than expected sabbatical after major knee surgery, Chris Vermeulen is eager to get back to World Superbike, starting at next Phillip Island next week, when the Australian will take part in an official two-day test session.

"This is the longest time I have spent off a bike in my entire career," said Vermeulen. "I really can't wait to jump on the all-new Kawasaki ZX-10R and just start cutting some laps again. Of course, the number of laps I squeeze out at the Phillip Island test will depend on the condition of my knee.

It certainly has plenty of strength and stability now, but the biggest issue is I can't bend it how I want to - or to the degree that racing at the highest level demands. And when I push the knee too hard I get swelling and pain in it. That's why the test will be a delicate balancing act - I want to spend a lot of time of the bike to work on set-up, but I don't want to push too hard and set back my recovery."

Vermeulen first attempted to ride his ZX-10R at Sepang (Malaysia) in early January, but after only a few exploratory laps he called time. Since then, he's been back at his home on the Sunshine Coast not only receiving full medical treatment on his knee, but also swimming, cycling, paddling and the gym to build strength.

"It's certainly been frustrating, but to Kawasaki's credit they haven't been pushing me," continued Vermeulen. "The company has told me it wants to finish top six in 2011 and then really push for the championship in 2012."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili