IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Roccoli aiming for top five

Andare in basso

Roccoli aiming for top five Empty Roccoli aiming for top five

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Feb 12, 2011 3:22 am

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/5054-roccoli-aiming-for-top-five.html

The 2011 Supersport World Championship is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in recent years with on paper, any number of riders capable of getting onto the podium. These will almost certainly include Massimo Roccoli, the 26-year-old from Rimini who will race a Kawasaki Lorenzini machine alongside Vittorio Iannuzzo.

The Honda period for Roccoli is now over and he has returned to the team with whom he scored the best results in his career: a win in the World Championship at Misano in 2006 and three Italian titles. Kawasaki, which already has Parkes and Salom in the official team, with the signing of Roccoli with Lorenzini, has now boosted its ambitious aims for 2011. "I have a lot of confidence in the ZX-6R even though I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet", explained Roccoli. "The deal with Lorenzini came a few weeks ago and there hasn't been time to organize any tests in Europe: I'll try and make up for lost ground in the two days of IMS testing at Phillip Island on Monday and Tuesday next."

That's not much time to prepare for the championship though?

"In the first two or three races I'll have to grit my teeth and get through them, I know it's going to be difficult. But I know the Lorenzini team's professionalism and they know what I'm capable of. So I'm sure we'll be competitive pretty quickly."

What do you think of the Kawasaki?

"In 2010 they went well, the bike is a good one and I'm sure I have the potential to do well".

How well?

"In the past I proved that with the right team and bike I can race with the best. In 2010 I had loads of problems with the Honda but I finished eighth overall in the championship just a few points away from fifth. I'm going to start the season aiming for top 5 places and fight for the podium whenever possible."
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili