IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Pedrosa: 'Sepang will be like a personal test'

Andare in basso

Pedrosa: 'Sepang will be like a personal test' Empty Pedrosa: 'Sepang will be like a personal test'

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Gen 22, 2011 3:34 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/pedrosa+preseason+interview

Dani Pedrosa has now resumed training after two months of inactivity. It was a forced rest, declared by doctors after visiting the operating room as a result of the double fracture of the left collarbone he suffered in Japan.
How was the return to work and how have you approached the physical preparation in these circumstances?
Until New Years I was resting but since the medical tests, when they gave me the green light, I've been training in Switzerland. I lost the entire month of December while many others were probably already in training. Obviously I can not force myself to the maximum everyday because the body doesn’t allow it, but I am working with my coaches doing the best I can.
What level of recovery are you at now?
Without doubt I am much better, the tests have shown this. They have given me the green light to train the left arm equal to the right although, logically, starting more smoothly. I have improved a lot in these days. It’s a slow process but I’m going in the right direction.
Are you facing this first test in Sepang with excitement? Do you have withdrawal symptoms from the bike?
Yes, there are always withdrawal symptoms from the bike! You really look forward to the first test. I am encouraged, because November and December were tough, there were a lot of problems and I was not well, but as you start to improve and see that the feeling is better, you are automatically encouraged. I know that I will not be at 100% in the first test but if I can control the bike well I will be happy. For me this is like a personal test to see how I am.
In November when you tested the RC212V at the Valencia Test, you said you would like to improve various aspects of the engine, chassis, aggressiveness of the bike… What do you expect to find in Malaysia in two weeks?
Well, basically what I asked for. Speaking with the team, we saw that there were some areas for improvement, we tried some modifications that were positive, I’m sure that they have been working on that and I hope that in Malaysia we will have a couple of options to see if they improve braking and acceleration, traction on corner exit. We will focus on that.
Will Casey Stoner’s arrival to the team change the approach of the work on the evolution of the bike? Will there be a leader in setting the direction to take?
This question is a little more for HRC but, ok, in principle during the pre-season things are tested and when the first race comes I suppose that the things that have been tested and chosen will be given to the riders, all of them.
How do you see it working inside in the Honda box this year?
Well, the same as last year but with one more rider.
What do you think is needed for 2011 to be the year for Dani Pedrosa?
One of the most important things is to try to not get injured. If I can stay on the bike and be on all the starting grids, it will certainly give me more points than if I am not.
Is Jorge Lorenzo the man to beat in 2011 or is the worst enemy in your own box?
For me all the rivals are important, so I value them equally because any of them can surprise you. We know that there are four or five riders that can be there in every race but the Championship is long and you always have to be on top. I have never underestimated anyone, intending that no one can surprise me, but we already know that the good riders will be there fighting at the front every race and you have to keep them close because they are strong riders. But, well, so am I, so we’ll be there fighting!.
Including a Valentino Rossi on the Ducati GP11…
Yes, I think that Rossi will adapt quickly to the bike. He will have to work obviously, but we have already seen in the past that he is very capable. He will definitely be there.
Of all the developments of 2011, with Stoner in your garage, Rossi at Ducati and new faces like Abraham and Crutchlow on the grid, what are you most curious about?
More than the riders -we already know that they are fast and how they will go- I think that one of the most important things of 2011 will be the practice sessions. The new timing of the sessions that we already tested at the end of the year. I think that these will play an important role on Sunday.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili