IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Lorenzo on front row as Rossi qualifies in eighth

Andare in basso

Lorenzo on front row as Rossi qualifies in eighth Empty Lorenzo on front row as Rossi qualifies in eighth

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Sab Ott 16, 2010 9:51 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/fiat+yamaha+reviews+qualifying+at+phillip+island

Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi experienced very different fortunes in qualifying at Phillip Island on Saturday, with the 2010 World Champion taking a front-row start for the race whilst his Fiat Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi qualified in eighth position.
"These conditions were really risky because it was so cold and also incredibly windy. It was hard to stay on the bike sometimes!” said Lorenzo after securing his 15th front-row start of the campaign, having led the session briefly before placing second to Casey Stoner.
“I'm happy with my race pace which is unusual for me here because I've never been so strong in MotoGP at this track, but I think we've done a good job. I wanted pole today but the weather and Casey stopped me – he is so quick here. We have the second best time so it is okay and I am feeling very calm after last weekend. We hope the weather is like this or better tomorrow, with no rain, and then we will go for it and see what happens in the race. I am ready for the race; I just want to enjoy it."
For Rossi the session was a more complicated affair however, with the Italian encountering different problems when trying to set a qualifying lap on the softer Bridgestone tyres.
"I was really unlucky today because with each of the softer tyres, when I think I could have improved a bit, I had problems,” said the 31 year-old, who has only finished off the podium once at Phillip Island in 13 previous visits in all three classes. “First it was Espargaró, then Hayden's bike on the track and then it began to rain, so I couldn't use any of the tyres how I wanted in the end.”
“We start from the third row, which will be very hard, especially because our race pace isn't that strong and we don't have the right set-up yet. We need to work hard tonight and tomorrow morning to try to improve. The conditions aren't good and it's a great pity because this is a fantastic track but you can't enjoy it in this cold, because it takes so long for the tyres to get to the right temperature. Tomorrow will be hard, but we will see what we can do,” Rossi concluded.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili