IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Espargaro revives championship chase

Andare in basso

Espargaro revives championship chase Empty Espargaro revives championship chase

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Set 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/espargaro+victory+at+aragon

Another eventful weekend in the 125cc class at Aragón added to the awesome spectacle that has become the title chase as Pol Espargaró took his first victory since the third round at Le Mans in May to haul himself back into the battle for the 2010 title.
As has become the custom in the category there were thrills at every turn, quite literally, as Championship leader going into Round 12 at Aragón Marc Márquez crashed out on the opening lap of the race. Espargaró trailed his rival by 20 points in the standings going in the race having placed sixth in the previous round at Misano, but a third win of the campaign has lifted the Tuenti Racing rider into second position overall – six points behind new frontrunner Nico Terol and five ahead of Márquez.
“I’m really happy because this was a tough weekend, we had a crash and I had some pain in my foot and it was difficult for the race,” said Espargaró, who fell during the final practice session on Saturday morning and went on to qualify in fifth position later in the day.
“But finally we’ve taken these 25 points that we needed so much for the team and for me, and now we’re much closer in the Championship which is really important for us.”
Espargaró also paid tribute to Shoya Tomizawa who was honoured with a minute’s silence before the 125cc race.
“I want to dedicate this victory to Tomi because it’s hard to believe for the riders, the family and the team and it was a tragedy. I think it’s the right thing to do to dedicate this win to him,” he said.
Next up is Motegi where Espargaró finished on the podium last season, and he is hoping to build a winning momentum as the final run-in commences.
“I like Motegi a lot, I had a good feeling in the last race there last year,” he stated. “We must work hard to get more and more confidence with the bike and to be at the front from the first practice. I think we can do it, so we must now work at it.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili