IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Second row for Dovizioso and Pedrosa

Andare in basso

Second row for Dovizioso and Pedrosa Empty Second row for Dovizioso and Pedrosa

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Ago 29, 2010 4:52 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Repsol+Honda+review+Indianapolis+QP

Repsol Honda Team riders Andrea Dovizioso and Dani Pedrosa steered clear of trouble in an incident packed MotoGP qualifying session and will start Sunday’s Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix from the front of the second row.
Dovizioso went to the top of the timesheets in qualifying with 15 minutes to go with a lap time of 1’40.559s. It proved to be his fastest time and Dovizioso will head the second row when the lights go out to start tomorrow’s 28-lap race. With a good start, he is confident of his chances.
Pedrosa took top spot early in qualifying and displayed impressive pace on the hard option Bridgestone tyres, eventually placing fifth with a time of 1’40.637. He also looks in a strong position ahead of round 11 of the MotoGP World Championship.
Andrea Dovizioso – 4th
“I’m satisfied with the front of the second row, especially because our race pace is fast - so I’m confident for tomorrow. It will be important to make a good start. I think it will be a tight group going into the first turns, and Spies and Nicky will be very determined in front of their home fans, but actually the fastest person in terms of race pace is Dani. He has a margin of two or three tenths compared to us so it will be a tough race because there isn’t much grip and you need to ride smoothly to exploit what grip there is - this can be difficult to do in a race situation. The team did a good job today, we improved the stability at the front a lot and we made a big improvement with the electronic set-up - especially with the traction control. I think the tyre choice will have to be the hard compound, and this means we look in pretty good shape for the race.”
Dani Pedrosa – 5th
“We improved our times quite a lot from yesterday and made some good progress with the machine set-up and race pace. In the final moments of qualifying though we couldn’t go any faster on the softer tyre and so we have to settle for the second row - which isn’t perfect - but still I think we can make a good start and compete at the front tomorrow. With these high track temperatures it looks like the harder option tyre will be the one to go with and we have a decent pace on this tyre, although I don’t know if all the riders will make the same choice. Tomorrow it will be a very tough race physically, and also for the tyres because it will be very difficult to control the tyre temperature in the race. I’m sure the American riders will be very strong, and also the riders who are normally at the front, so here maybe we will have more rivals to consider. Still, my fee ling with the hard Bridgestone is good so I think we can do a good race tomorrow.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili