IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Harms a rejuvenated force in WSS

Andare in basso

Harms a rejuvenated force in WSS Empty Harms a rejuvenated force in WSS

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Apr 10, 2011 2:27 am

Article from http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/7054-harms-a-rejuvenated-force-in-wss.html

After a couple of years fighting against the limitations of machinery which was not quite at the level of the biggest teams in the Supersport World Championship line-up, Robbin Harms and his Harms Benjan Racing Team have got their latest Honda flying high in the 2011 points table.

Currently Robbin is third in the championship itself and the highest ranked Honda rider - no mean feat when you consider the vast array of talent ranged out across a number of teams and manufacturers. It all started last year, when he made a new partnership with Dutch team Benjan Racing, to allow rider and team to become more than the sum of their combined parts. We spoke to 29-year-old Dane Harms about what it took to get back into the mix at the top of this tough racing class.

"Our results have come from hard work," said Harms in the run-up to the Assen round. "The last couple of years I have been struggling with material which was far from top level factory material. Last year I made the decision myself to make a new team with the Dutch guys from Benjan Racing. We have made a good bike from the small budget we have, and I have concentrated to become a better rider, and the first two races have been very good."

For Harms and co., Assen is next, and there can be no more special place for the Benjan guys to go racing at. "It is the Dutch guy's home track next up and although there is not any more pressure, I hope we can get even better results because it is in Holland. I will do my best as always. It is their home track but I also have a lot of Danish guys coming to Assen, because it is the nearest race to Denmark. It is always a lot of fun to go there."

Robbin has been on the podium four times in his WSS career, the most recent dalliance with the top three places coming in Australia in 2008. He was very close to a podium at Donington, however, and intends to challenge for the top three places again in 2011.
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili