IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Stoner and Pedrosa lead the Repsol Honda charge

Andare in basso

Stoner and Pedrosa lead the Repsol Honda charge Empty Stoner and Pedrosa lead the Repsol Honda charge

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Dom Apr 03, 2011 1:21 am

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/repsol+honda+review+Jerez+QP

It was Stoner’s first pole position of his career at the Jerez circuit, whilst for Pedrosa, the seventh time that he starts from the front row, at a track where he has never failed to reach the podium in the top class. Sixth position was also the best ever qualifying result for Doviziosio at the Andalusian circuit, since he began riding in the premier class (8th in 2009 was his previous best position).

Casey Stoner, Repsol Honda
"The qualifying result was good but as for using the rest of the session and setting the bike up, we weren't totally happy with what we achieved and lost some time. We're struggling a little to get the balance of the bike where I want it. We make some improvements in the front and then some in the rear, but never at the same time, which is a little frustrating. On my last run of the session I was pushing a little too hard and was a bit late with the brakes, the rear came up and I released the brakes, but I had way too much speed going in there. It was nice just to avoid the air fence. Anyway we're happy, we're on pole position again, but we still need to finish the race tomorrow and I will fight for a podium position and hopefully the race victory, but I never underestimate the Spanish riders. They find something extra for this race and they are very hard to beat".

Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda
"To be on the front row is always very important and second is a good place to start the race. I would like to improve the bike a little bit, especially on the third section of the track, the only place where I lose some tenths. Iit would help to have better braking and exit of the corners there. It's been tough with the shoulder - in fact this morning I decided to only do a few laps to not stress the arm so much. It will be difficult also tomorrow, but there's nothing else I can do, I'll just try to finish the race in the best way possible and hopefully, bring home a good result. We need to see how the weather is tomorrow - perhaps it rains, but maybe it could be better for my shoulder".

Andrea Dovizioso, Repsol Honda
“I’m happy to start from the second row as we have had a difficult weekend. We have worked a lot with the team and I could improve the feeling with the front. Yesterday I struggled because of the crash and the wind in the afternoon. Tomorrow the race will be tough as always here in Jerez, because there is little grip and the bike slides a lot. For the championship, it will be very important to get a good result on this track as we have often struggled in the past and racing here will be good to understand our level. I’m happy with the improvement, but we have to keep on working to reduce the gap to Stoner and Pedrosa”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili