IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Dovizioso satisfied with Valencia

Andare in basso

Dovizioso satisfied with Valencia Empty Dovizioso satisfied with Valencia

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mer Nov 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/dovizioso+first+day

Andrea Dovizioso rode with different chassis and swing-arm options in order to gather further information for Honda’s development engineers to use over the winter break and testing ban period, which comes into force after this test and lasts until the end of January. Dovizioso spent valuable time honing engine electronics settings to improve the stability under braking and, although the increasing wind at the Valencia circuit limited the opportunity for laps at maximum pace towards the end of the afternoon, the Italian was satisfied with today’s test.
Andrea Dovizioso
“We tried a new chassis and new swing-arm in 2011 configuration and we could feel small differences - although there was a lot of wind compared to race day which made for tricky conditions. The new chassis gave a little bit more stability at the rear and the new swing-arm gives less pumping, but there was a little less grip also, so we aim to find a compromise. The lap time came quite easily today without pushing too much or being at the limit, which is positive. I didn’t fit a soft tyre and go out to set one fast lap because we wanted to focus on our programme. So I’m very confident that we can improve a lot. Apart from Lorenzo who was so fast, we were all very close. At first we spent quite a long time finding the right setup for a new engine braking configuration, and we wanted t o fix this before going on to analyse any new items. For tomorrow the plan is to test another chassis and several electronics settings, and we will also test the 2011 forks which are modified compared to the ones we tested in Brno in August. Tomorrow the weather forecast is good so I’m really looking forward to continuing this test.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili