IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Aoyama going for season’s best on home soil

Andare in basso

Aoyama going for season’s best on home soil Empty Aoyama going for season’s best on home soil

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Mar Set 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Aoyama+previews+first+premier+class+Motegi+visit

Round 14 at Motegi this weekend signals the arrival of Hiroshi Aoyama’s home race, his first in the premier class at the track, and the Interwetten Honda MotoGP rider is priming himself to put on a strong performance at the Grand Prix of Japan.
The 28 year-old’s debut season in the premier class has been interrupted by a back injury which caused him to miss six races, but he is already three races into his continual recovery and is confident and motivated as the fourth approaches.
“I am looking forward to Motegi. My family will be there to support me and also my friends and fans will come to see me ride,” said Aoyama. “My agenda is quite full that weekend, but I am happy to be home.”
Aoyama has a strong record at Motegi. As a 250cc wild card in 2003 he placed second and in 2005 he secured his first World Championship in the category from pole position, winning again the following year and placing second last season on his way to the last ever 250cc title.
Added to his knowledge of the track layout Aoyama continues to feel better as his recovery from the fractured vertebra he suffered in June maintains a steady improvement.
“Physically I am much better,” he said. “It is three months now since I injured my back and the bone has almost completely healed. I hope and I wish that I can achieve the best result of this season so far for my team at Motegi.”
Team Manager Daniel M. Epp is also expectant as Aoyama attempts to improve on his season’s best result to date, a tenth-placed finish in the opening round in Qatar.
“At Motegi Hiro can show what he can do. It is his home track and we expect much more from him this time,” explained Epp. “He should be back fully fit again and he knows this track very well. He has achieved some excellent results in the past. I hope Hiro can fight without any worries at this Grand Prix and show us all what we know we can expect from him.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili