IO TIFO ROSSI FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Pedrosa: "I've always trusted myself, my confidence never diminished"

Andare in basso

Pedrosa: "I've always trusted myself, my confidence never diminished" Empty Pedrosa: "I've always trusted myself, my confidence never diminished"

Messaggio Da Bonbon_uccia46 Lun Feb 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Article from http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Pedrosa+QA+post+Sepang+Test

Dani Pedrosa was one of the main protagonists in the first MotoGP Test of the year held at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia. After setting the second fastest time in the last session the Repsol rider finished the Test with good feelings, both with his shoulder and his Honda RC212V.
What is your overall assessment about the three-day Test in Malaysia?
“Overall, I am happy with how the Test went, because we had three good days. I think that the best news is that my arm has improved this winter. After the final races (of 2010) I had many doubts, so now I am happy. It is clear that I still lack strength, but I can work on it and I hope to be able to improve it in the time I have left before the season starts. The important thing is that I no have longer problems feeling my hand and it doesn’t go numb. The final day of the Test I did a longer run to see how it would respond and it wasn't bad.”
And what did you find out about the bike,?
“We have been testing the chassis and the engine, which we will continue analysing in the next Test. We also tried some suspensions, both front and back, and we have come up with some clear ideas. We only need to make small changes and fine-tune some details.”
Have you already decided if the 2010 or the 2011 version of the chassis and engine is the best?
“No, because I ran with last year’s bike most of the time and very little with the new one. The 2011 version has some good things, but I will need to tune the settings a little bit more to make the things I didn't like work well.”
When you talk about the ‘new bike’, do you refer to the 2011 version in its entirety or the one with the 2010 engine?
“I have not tested this year’s complete bike.”
After these days of testing, Valentino Rossi dispelled the doubts he had and included you amongst his favourites to fight for the Championship. What do you think?
“I think it is usual. If a rider is fast, it is natural to say that he is one of the candidates. Some days ago they asked me the same thing when he didn't put me as one of his favourites. I think we have to wait until the races begin and then see who the contenders are.”
After seeing your results from this Test, do you feel more confident?
“I’ve always trusted myself, my confidence has never diminished.”
What do you think about Simoncelli’s results?
“I think he had a good Test. He set very consistent times in all sessions and did a very good job in general. We will have to confirm it in the races.”
Do you expect new parts for the next Test?
“For the next Test we will not use any new material, we will keep checking what we had here, because we want to be certain about what really works and what doesn’t. During these three days I ran mostly with the 2010 bike and I only tried the 2011 chassis and engine for a few laps. I am still not sure of which parts I like and which ones I don't. The biggest change with this chassis was on the brakes, where we have gained a lot of stability.”
Do you think it is possible to mix the 2010 and the 2011 bikes?
“I did not ask for that, and it will be a good question for the Honda engineers. I hope we will be able to get a good package, it doesn’t matter what year each part is from. The important thing is to get a good bike.”
How would you assess your physical form right now?
“I still lack a bit of form, but I am very satisfied with how I have recovered the feeling in my arm. I have no cramps, no problems with blood circulation and, although I clearly lack strength, I am happy with the results.”
With regards to the bike you used at Valencia in 2010, what’s been the direction you have followed?
“The aim we had for the bike this winter was to keep the good things and improve what didn’t work so well last year, and of course do that without losing the positive points, but that is not always so easy.”
Bonbon_uccia46
Bonbon_uccia46
Moderatore
Moderatore

Numero di messaggi : 1864
Umore : Felice

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili